Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Its Official! New 2009 Movie Enterprise from Polar Lights is Cancelled

It was only expected  looking at the way information and images from Round 2's blog could mysteriously disappear. Some may rejoice while others will mourn, and as for me, well, it would be nice to be able to have her in my collection.




Their official statement:

Round 2 is not proceeding with development on the U.S.S. Enterprise model kit, as based on the 2009 film, Star Trek. We will continue to focus on classic Star Trek by reissuing nostalgic favorites and enhanced re-releases as well as some all-new tooling of favorite Trek subjects.

Steve Iverson of CultTVman perhaps rounded up the entire debacle over this development the best in his brief summary at his blog. Now we await to see the fate of the 1/350 scale Classic Enterprise.

1 comment:

  1. Darn!!! I was so looking forward to owning one. Looks like I have to wait until the new movie comes out and possibly another newly re-designed Enterprise. Another gap in my collection. Sigh........ I'm going turn my focus on Klingon kits in the meantime while waiting for the Enterprise kits. Are there any pre-painted snap kits out there still in production for K'Tinga, Classic Enterprise???

    ReplyDelete