Thursday, November 4, 2010

Coming on 28 December 2011 - The Adventures of Tintin in CGI

Adventures of TINTIN??? This isn't a Sci Fi topic!!!

Well, yeah, I know, but I am a huge fan of Tintin, so after finding out that there are some new images released for the coming CGI movie, I'm definitely highlighting it here. I have almost all the comic collection in the special compilation format and am only missing a set with 3 comic inserts. Need to check back with the bookstore to see if they have restocked.

And I am excited and fascinated since I grew up reading Tintin. I'm not sure what was so captivating about the characters, but I can still remember Captain Haddock's famous "Thundering Typhoons" and "Blistering Barnacles!!" And the Thompson Twins ...

I read somewhere some time ago that a CGI Movie version was coming out but at a distant future, and Steven Spielberg was going to helm it. What I didn't know was that Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings Trilogy, King Kong, and the coming Hobbits) is also going to be involved. That's really great news, seeing that Jackson's work usually means we get to see extended versions of more than half an hour later.  And so far, he's been doing a great job with his projects. 2 pros in one movie, this is going to be good.





What I didn't know was that there was 2 live action movie made a long time ago - and they're in Swedish?? Sounds interesting but looking at how old the pictures below are, I'm not really sure where I can get these movies, or if i can get them at all. Hope if they are available, they would be dubbed in English.





The preview of images of what's to come was highlighted by Empire Magazine recently. It looks promising right now seeing the CGI work done so far. Come to think of it, how does Tintin and Captain Haddock really sound like? And will Snowy get to "talk" in the movie? Will the show be in the 1930s/40s light or will it be given a modern outlook? Knowing movies nowadays, we might even get to see Tintin as an old man .. who knows. We'll just have to wait and see. 







Keeping my eyes out on this one. Oh yeah, my childhood hero finally getting the Spielberg/Jackson touch. What more can I ask for.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I dunno. In the first two movies, Tintin looked so.... gay.

    ReplyDelete