Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lee Stringer, and more Hi Res Images of the Battlestar Galactica



Someone recently asked me how on earth do I find all these reference images? Actually some of them were found by chance, while the others, well, you need to know what you're looking for to find them. In this case, I got lucky when I saw one of the Galactica's ZOIC image had a name under the mighty ship, "Lee Stringer". A little research on the net and presto! I think I just found the man responsible for the New Galactica's design (I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure its him). 





So exactly who is this Lee Stringer? Basically from what I've read, he is a simple man with an extraordinary unique gift. He is really good with VFX and has a sharp eye for details and I mean lots of DETAILS. Click on the link above to see his work, ranging from BSG to Star trek, Firefly, etc ... make sure your jaw don't droop when you see them.

He is also a 2004 and 05 Award Nominee, and the 2004 VES and Digital Hero Winner. Basically he is THE MAN behind the Galactica's design itself. You may have seen some of his images floating in the net, and wherever and whenever you see it, remember to thank him. Its because of him we have a wonderful new Galactica, and a model kit that followed. BTW, he also had a hand in designing Richard Hatch's "Galactica : The Second Coming".

So isn't it way better to build up your Moebius Galactica kit using the master's very own design? Well, if you want to try, that would truly be amazing. Just check out all those the minute details you need to incorporate into your kit. Its not going to be easy, but its not impossible at the same time. Some of the images below are a repeat of what I had posted before, but most are quite fresh.





  


















And don't forget, there's more reference materials you can use. Just follow the below links.

New Battlestar Galactica Part 6 - Galactica's Final Mission
Do share your WIPs when you can. I'm sure many out there are also waiting to see how others are building up theirs, probably looking to see the how to's and why not.


No comments:

Post a Comment